Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Back to School, Back to Blog


Today is my first day of fall semester, junior year, at a college I’d really rather not have to step foot on at all. It’s 12:14 and as usual I’m about an hour early for my class. Which means I’ve already been here for at least half an hour to ensure I’ve got decent parking (funny story about that actually).

So far, today hasn’t sucked too badly.

Pros:

1. It’s a beautiful day, so at least I’m not freezing my way to class.
2. Over the summer The Boy bought me a Nalgene (a.k.a. fancy water bottle) so neither am I carrying around a load of water bottles to fulfill the mass amounts of water I drink.
3. I do only have one class.
4. I don’t have classes on Fridays which makes this only a 2 school day week.
5. I don’t totally hate the way I look today.

Cons:

1. My university added new commuter parking (yay!) at the bottom of campus and proceeded to diminish one of the only good commuter parking lots there are (suck).
2. I’m here with a bunch of people I still don’t like.
3. My class for today got messed up somehow and now I have none of the books I need for it.
4. I didn’t sleep well last night.
5. Because I’m here, I had to cut back on my job hours; therefore, I’m making much less money.
6. Today is the first day of a long semester that I don’t want to be in.

As you can tell, I’m not too excited for the start of school. I love learning; I just wish I didn’t have to do it here. Or in any school-type environment. Either way, I’m happy to get my blog back up and running. I took a break for the summer. With not being on any real schedule, it was tough to get my butt in gear and keep writing. Though I did enjoy some great food in the last few months. I’m sure you’ll all see it eventually.  For now, I’ll be sitting here, enjoying the my Clif Builder’s Bar (Chocolate Mint), wishing it had the power of ruby slippers and that if I took three bites repeating “There’s no place like home,” it’d take me there.

I don’t think it’s up for the challenge.

Half an hour till my class starts. I guess I should stop writing and remember what classroom it’s in.

No comments:

Post a Comment