Saturday, June 1, 2013

God, Heat, Pain, and Turtles.


It’s Friday night.

It’s hot.

I’m sick.

I’m in pain.

My eating hasn’t been the best lately.

First time climbing in two weeks, didn’t go too well.

I haven’t been keeping up with Tumblr.

I’ve been doing an awful lot of complaining lately.

I need to boost up my time with God.

Illness seemed to invade the people around me (Dad went into the hospital, drove The Boy to the hospital for a mild concussion; a few other instances as well. All are doing much better now).

I’m tired.

And now I’m trying to write a blog post. My brain apparently hit summer and thought “Why do anything anymore?” That’s not how it’s supposed to go. I mean I’ve been doing things, hanging with The Boy and Pyro like every day. But my climbing has been lacking. My morning devotions haven’t happened in a while (though I am determined to change that soon). And although one of my favorite foods is a peanut butter sandwich, even I will admit I have been reaching my limit per week.

I will say that I have been eating a decent amount of veggie salads. So there’s a plus. Also, all those I know who got sick, are healing rather quickly. Tumblr will go on another day without knowing what I ate for lunch and dinner. I will keep going back to the rock gym. I have proven time and time again that I can control and change my eating. Pain is weakness leaving the body (though I’m not sure a possible actual injured shoulder counts in that rule). My nose will clear out.

On top of all of these good points, God will always love me. He will never leave me, or forsake me, no matter how many peanut butter sandwiches I eat or how many days of climbing I miss. He’ll always be there, waiting, hoping, for the next morning I wake up and take some time to be with Him.

Eventually, I will learn to complain a little less and enjoy life a little more.

Oh, and how can it be a bad two weeks when you’ve seen and pictured two different turtles? I love turtles.







No comments:

Post a Comment